Yardley's. Photo by Robin Kelsey / Watawa Life.
Ottawa Used Stuff Guide
You know the old saying: One person's trash is another person's treasure. The web sites listed below are all resources to help you buy and sell used goods online. Free classifieds, second-hand stores, thrift shops, and more.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for just $15/month.
Click here to add your Featured Listing...
- Ottawa Citizen classifieds
- Ottawa Sun classifieds
- craiglist ottawa
- Kijiji Ottawa
This data mash-up maps Ottawa Kijiji location data so that you can see what's for sale in your neighbourhood.
- Buy Sell Used Stuff
- How Bazaar
- Khrido Ottawa/Gatineau
This site lets people "recycle" something that's no longer used, but too good to throw out. The goal is to find a good home for things that are otherwise headed for the landfill.
- ReUseIt Network
- YouBidLocal (auctions)
- For used cars & vehicles in Ottawa, check out our Driving Guide...
Garage Sales & Yard Sales & Flea Markets
Our automated feed of local garage sale listings.
- NCRgs - National
Capital Region Garage Sales
- Stittsville's Carp Road Flea Market
Not quite the legendary Sunday Stittsville Flea Market of yesteryear, but in the same neighbourhood at least.
- Great Glebe Garage Sale (May 25, 2013)
Ottawa's biggest garage sale happens every year in May
- Hintonburg Garage Sale (June 1, 2013)
- Manor Park Garage Sale (June 1, 2013)
- The Wild Wild Westboro Garage Sale 2013 (June 1, 2013)
- Riverview Park Community Wide Garage Sale (June 1, 2013)
- The Main Event Community Garage Sale in Old Ottawa East (June 15, 2013)
- Sandy Hill Community Garage Sale (September, 2013)
- Super Centretown Garage Sale (September 7, 2013)
- Old Ottawa South Porch Sale (September 7, 2013)
- New Edinburgh Garage Sale (September 21, 2013)
Vintage Clothing, Consignment Shops, etc.
- Visit our Ottawa Fashion Guide
- Value Village
- Salvation Army Thrift Stores
- Thrift Kitty (blog)
- Here are five "thrift tips" from Tali Cahill, webmaster at the now-defunct Ottawa Thrift Guide:
- Look around. Those jeans you're looking for might be in the shirts section, or even with the housewares, for that matter.
- When in doubt, forget about it. No matter how cheap an item is, it's not a good deal if you never use it.
- Saturday afternoon is amateur time at the thrifts. Weekday mornings and evenings are less crowded, and the stock is less picked-over.
- The farther, the better. The farther a thrift store is from a trendy neighborhood, the better the deals.
- Generate good thrift karma. Donate your own cast-offs often, and never switch tags, hide items, or shoplift!
Antiques & Collectables
- A Fine Thing
- Inma Services
- Johnson's Antiques
- Ottawa Antique Market
- Union Street Sales (auctions & flea markets)