Ottawa Traffic Guide
Compared to many big cities, Ottawa is still an easy place to get around. Traffic is heavy during rush hours -- and after a Senators game in Kanata -- but overall traffic flows well. Plus, we have a good public transit system, and a vast network of bike paths, so it's easy to leave the car at home and avoid the congestion altogether.
On this page (and beyond)
- Driving Conditions - Local
Information about traffic delays and construction, as well as links to live traffic cams. Plus maps and gas price information.
- Major Road Work and Street Closures This Week
A list of this week's current road closures and detours.
- Driving Conditions - Highway
This is the place to find driving conditions on highways around the Ottawa area, including the 416, 401, 7, and more.
- Winter Storm Links
Including bus cancellations, travel updates, road conditions, etc.
- Driver's License & Training
- Parking Tickets & Traffic Tickets
Includes where you can pay your fine and legal resources
- See also: Cars, mechanics, parking and more...
- See also: Ottawa Maps Guide...
Driving Conditions - Local
- Gas Prices in Ottawa
A list of the best and worst gas prices in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Provided by GasBuddy.com
- Ottawa Traffic Cams / Queensway
Live video feeds of traffic hot spots around Ottawa.
- Highway 417 interactive map
This interactive map from the Province of Ontario shows traffic problems and roadwork along Highway 417 aka The Queensway.
- Major road work and street closures
A list of major road closures and detours happening in Ottawa this week.
You can find lots of information, including smaller disruptions and an interactive traffic map too.
- Ottawa Student Transportation
The OSTA looks after school bus transportation for the major school
baords in Ottawa. This is the place to look for the latest on school
bus cancellations due to bad weather.
- Ottawa Maps Guide
A huge variety of local maps to help you get around.
- City of Ottawa SNOWLINE: 580-2460 (for updates about snow clearing and when you can and can't park your car on city streets)
Driving Conditions - Highway
- Eastern Ontario Road Conditions
An interactive map showing road conditions (including construction and weather) on major highways in our area.
See also: Traveller's
info for Ontario
- Ontario highway updates via Twitter, listing unscheduled road closures and events for Ontario provincial highways
@_mto (all provincial highways)
- U.S. Border waiting times (to get into the U.S.)
Updated regularly by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Closest crossings to Ottawa are Ogdensburg (via Prescott), Alexandria Bay (via Thousand Islands), Massena (via Cornwall).
Border waiting times (to get back into Canada)
Updated regularly by the Canadian Border Services Agency. Wait times are also available via Twitter for select crossings. Here are the feeds for the Thousand Islands Bridge and Cornwall.
Also known as the Veterans Memorial Highway, this 80km roadway connects Ottawa with Highway 401.