What's open and what's closed on the July 1, 2012 long weekend in Ottawa
Canada Day 2012 Posted by OttawaStart on June 28, 2012
While July 1 is Canada Day, July 2 is the official statutory holiday. Most non-retail businesses and offices are closed, and just about all government services are shut down.
Shopping & attractions
- Most grocery stores, malls and retail outlets in Ontario are open on Sunday and closed on Monday.
- Stores in the Byward Market are open for business on Monday, and so is the Rideau Centre (from 10:00am-6:00pm)
- In Gatineau, Les Promenades de l'Outaouais is closed on July 1, but open on Monday, July 2.
- Most LCBO stores will be open on Sunday but closed on Monday.
- If you need last-minute groceries on Monday, many Shoppers Drug Mart stores open on the holidays.
- In Quebec, SAQ liquor stores are open Sunday and Monday, "except for outlets located at a shopping mall closed for the holiday."
- Banks are closed July 1 and 2.
- Most National Museums are open July 1 and 2. Some are offering special Canada Day exhibits, and admission is free at the Museum of Nature on July 1.
- Check out OttawaStart's Canada Day 2012 Event Listings for a list of things going on this weekend.
Search our news archive
Subscribe via RSS
Subscribe via Twitter
Subscribe via email
Subscribe to OttawaStart Community News