What's open, what's closed or Family Day, February 20, 2012
News Posted by OttawaStart on February 20, 2012
Here's a list of what's open and what's closed in Ottawa on Monday, February 20, 2012.
- Quebec doesn't observe Family Day, so everything in Gatineau is open.
- Federal government office are open. Provincial and municipal offices are not.
- Most malls and grocery stores are closed. The Rideau Centre is open from 10:00am-6:00pm. Shops in the Byward Market will be open. The Loblaws on Rideau Street will be open too.
- Tip: If you need food or basic groceries, many Shoppers Drug Mart stores will be open. Or visit your local convenience store.
- Banks, beer stores and liquor stores are closed.
- Garbage and recycling collection is cancelled for Monday, and delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Schools and universities are closed.
- OC Transpo is operating on "a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions".
- Most museums are open.
- The Ottawa Citizen and Ottawa Sun will publish.
- City Hall and Client Service centres are closed.
- Most City recreation facilities will operate as usual, with some minor schedule changes.
- Libraries are closed.
- More info about City of Ottawa services and schedules for Monday...
The latest community news headlines
Search our news archive
Subscribe to OttawaStart Community News
The latest on Twitter