List of Ottawa Festivals - Bluesfest, Tulip Festival, Winterlude and more
Ottawa is home to dozens of festivals, representing dozens of different topics and interests. From Winterlude in the cold months of February, to the Tulip Festival in the spring, to Bluesfest in the heat of July, festivals are a great way to enjoy our city.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Brew Donkey Charity Tour Series
A monthly brewery tour supporting local charities - First Sunday of every month, raising find by raising a glass."
- August 14-30:
Crush Improv presents My Summer Crush
Crush Improv presents three weeks of workshops and shows by companies and artists we have totally fallen for - and we think you will too. We've got everything: Workshops, shows, a bar, and more. Featuring special guest Kevin McDonald (Kids in the Hall) on August 22 & 23.
- August 31, 2014: Wakefield Grannies' "Great Granny Concert 2014"
Wakefield Grannies' "Great Granny Concert 2014" with Senegalese sensation Élage M'Baye; the a cappella group SIFA; and Fiddleheads Musical Theatre - August 31st, noon to 4pm at Fairbairn Museum in Wakefield. Also great food, a BBQ and an eclectic marketplace. Tickets available at Jamboree (Wakefield) or at door. Kids free!
- September 13-14, 2014: Fibrefest
The Mississippi Valley Textile Museum presents the 19th FIBREFEST at the Museum and the Almonte Arena. Old favorites returning are Button Mania, Vintage Clothing, demonstrations, Fabric Flea Market, Tea room and over 80+ Vendors. New to fibrefest this year are Alpaca Ontario with a fleece sort-a-thon and an exciting fabric exhibition from Nuno, Japan. Come and enjoy a day in Almonte. Free parking. $5 admission.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
Ottawa Festivals By Month
- July 24-August 7: Ottawa Chamberfest
- July 31-Aug 3: Cracking Up the Capital Summer Fest
- July 31-Aug 4: Busker Fest
- August 2: Muslim Summer Festival
- August 2-4: BAWI (Balanced Art World International) - Rock balancing festival at Remic Rapids
- August 2-16: Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light (at the Canadian History Museum)
- August 8-10: Puppets Up!
- August 8-10: Festival of India
- August 9: JAMDAY (Jamaican Festival)
- August 9-10: Carp Garlic Festival
- August 9-10: Perth Garlic Festival
- August 10: Riverfest at Pinhey's Point
- August 13-17: Festival de la Curd St. Albert (Cheese Curd Festival)
- August 14-24: GreekFest
- August 15-16: SouthAsianFest
- August 15-17: National Capital Craft Beer Festival
- August 15-24: Capital Pride Festival
- August 16: Lumiere Festival
- August 18-23: Arboretum Fest
- August 20-21: ToolFest
- August 22-23: Kitchissippi Music Festival
- August 23: Freakfest
- August 23: Barnstorm (Finch)
- August 23-24: Trainfest (Smiths Falls)
- August 23-24: Twist Festival (St-André-Avellin)
- August 23-25: Kinburn Swampfest
- September: Ottawa Folk Festival
- September 7: Festival Latino Ottawa
- September 13-14, 2014: Fibrefest
- September 17-21: Ottawa International Animation Festival
- October 16-19: Merrickville Jazz Fest
The official website of Ottawa Festivals, a not-for-profit member-based organization representing Ottawa's not-for-profit festival industry. In addition to news, updates and information about the industry and our member festivals, special events and fairs, the website features industry job opportunities and linkages to our social networks designed to interact with event guests, participants, volunteers, supporters and the community at large.
- Festivals and
Events Ontario (FEO)
Festivals & Events Ontario serves as the “voice” of the festivals & events industry within the province.
The latest on Twitter