Ottawa Arts & Entertainment Guide
The old stereotype of Ottawa as a boring city that stays at home after office hours is, well, total crap. Our city has a healthy arts & entertainment community, offering world class music, theatre, dance, visual art, and more.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Brew Donkey Charity Tour Series
A monthly brewery tour supporting local charities - First Sunday of every month, raising find by raising a glass."
- August 14-30:
Crush Improv presents My Summer Crush
Crush Improv presents three weeks of workshops and shows by companies and artists we have totally fallen for - and we think you will too. We've got everything: Workshops, shows, a bar, and more. Featuring special guest Kevin McDonald (Kids in the Hall) on August 22 & 23.
- August 31, 2014: Wakefield Grannies' "Great Granny Concert 2014"
Wakefield Grannies' "Great Granny Concert 2014" with Senegalese sensation Élage M'Baye; the a cappella group SIFA; and Fiddleheads Musical Theatre - August 31st, noon to 4pm at Fairbairn Museum in Wakefield. Also great food, a BBQ and an eclectic marketplace. Tickets available at Jamboree (Wakefield) or at door. Kids free!
- September 13-14, 2014: Fibrefest
The Mississippi Valley Textile Museum presents the 19th FIBREFEST at the Museum and the Almonte Arena. Old favorites returning are Button Mania, Vintage Clothing, demonstrations, Fabric Flea Market, Tea room and over 80+ Vendors. New to fibrefest this year are Alpaca Ontario with a fleece sort-a-thon and an exciting fabric exhibition from Nuno, Japan. Come and enjoy a day in Almonte. Free parking. $5 admission.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
OttawaStart Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis The Moments with Pete Paquette Oct. 2, 2014
- Drift: Upcoming Solo exhibition, Larry Deacon
- Last Chance to Experience Mosaika
- House of PainT Festival - Sept 4 to 7, 2014
- Crystal Journey at Saint Paul University Saturday, October 25th 7:30pm
- Fortune-Telling with Rainbow Beads & Crystals Afternoon at Highjinx Store
- The DIVA Foundation Night at the Races
- More community headlines...
- Click here to add your news...
From the National Arts Centre: Learn about orchestral music, dance, English and French language theatre, and explore engaging archival collections.
- Arts Court
Ottawa's centre for the performing, visual, literary and media arts.
- Council for the Arts in Ottawa
- Couch Assassin
- Arts Ottawa East
- Ottawa Events Guide
- Ottawa Concerts Guide
- OttawaEntertainment.ca (ottawa entertainment guide)
- OttawaFocus.com (ottawa restaurants, events, entertainment)
- Snap Ottawa Downtown
Local Arts & Entertainment Media
- Byward of Mouth
- Eventful Ottawa
- Festival Goer
- Guerilla Blog (culture/arts)
- Herd Magazine
- the Humm
Covering Ottawa's arts, entertainment and food scene
- Now Open (blog by Denis Armstrong, Ottawa Sun)
- The Big Beat (blog by Peter Simpson, Ottawa Citizen)
- The Ottawa Arts Newsletter
- OttawaStart Blog: Entertainment
Artists / Visual Art
- Please see our Ottawa Art Guide...
Clubs & Pubs & Bars
- Absolute Comedy
- BarBuzz Nightlife
A good listing of entertainment at bars and nightclubs in Ottawa and Gatineau.
- Bourbon Street Music Hall
- D'arcy McGees Irish Pub
- Helsinki Lounge & Disco
- Ottawa Clubs & Pubs
- The Collection & Bar 56
- Urban Well
- Please see our Ottawa Concerts Guide...
- Please see our List of Dance Studios in Ottawa...
Magicians & Hypnotists
- Elliott Smith's Mystical Magic
- Eric Leclerc
- Michael Bourada
- That Man Behind the Curtain (stage hypnotist)
- The Hypnotizers
- Please see our Ottawa Movies Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Music Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Radio Guide...
- For TV listings and more, please see our Ottawa Television Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Theatre Guide...
- For videographers, video production, and more, please see our Ottawa Video Guide...
The latest on Twitter