Ottawa Arts & Entertainment Guide
The old stereotype of Ottawa as a boring city that stays at home after office hours is, well, total crap. Our city has a healthy arts & entertainment community, offering world class music, theatre, dance, visual art, and more.
Featured Events and Entertainment Listings
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- Brew Donkey Charity Tour Series
A monthly brewery tour supporting local charities - First Sunday of every month, raising find by raising a glass."
- October 18-November 1, 2014: Montreal Artist Presents Exciting New Work in Ottawa
Danièle Lemieux will present a collection of recent paintings in a solo show Food for Thought, at Wallack Galleries, 203 Bank Street, October 18th to November 1. In this exhibition, Lemieux explores the duality concept of sustenance; the feeding of the body and, through art, the feeding of the soul.
- November 1-2: 32nd Annual Orleans Christmas Craft Show
Don’t settle for cookie-cutter gifts again this Holiday season. Avoid the press of the shopping malls, and come to the 32nd Christmas Craft show. The event features over 60 of the area’s best artisans offering unique and beautiful hand-made items. The show takes place at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School, 1515 Tenth Line Road in Orléans. Doors are open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Parking and admission are free, but you are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items or make a donation for the Orléans-Cumberland Emergency Food Program. For more information, go to www.capitalartisansguild.org.
- November 6-15: Phoenix Players present The Dixie Swim Club
Nov. 6-8, 11-15 at 7:30pm; Nov. 8, 9, 15 at 2:30pm
The Gladstone Theatre, 910 Gladstone Avenue
Tickets: Adults $18, Seniors/Students $15. Available online or by phone at 613 233 4523.
- November 8-9: Ottawa Pet Expo at EY Centre
The Ottawa Pet Expo is coming for the thousands of pets and pet owners in eastern Ontario and western Quebec! Bring your pets right into the show and give them a weekend your family will never forget . Let them try out new outfits, taste new food, and play with new toys. Bring your family and be "wowed" at our amazing animal competitions, learn from expert vets and breeders, and create some memories laughing at our many pet presentations.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
OttawaStart Entertainment Headlines
- Pre-Samhain Halloween Fortune-telling with Bones, Beads, Gemstones and Tarot Cards at Highjinx Antiques on Sat, Oct 4th 2014, 1;30pm to 6:00pm
- 27 October - Tales & Tunes - 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night!
- 28 October - Tales & Tunes - 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night!
- 29 October - Tales & Tunes - 'Twas a Dark and Stormy Night!
- Edwardian Seances October 24, 25, and 26
- Halloween Party October 26
- Pumpkin Party October 26
- More community headlines...
- Click here to add your news...
From the National Arts Centre: Learn about orchestral music, dance, English and French language theatre, and explore engaging archival collections.
- Arts Court
Ottawa's centre for the performing, visual, literary and media arts.
- Council for the Arts in Ottawa
- Couch Assassin
- Arts Ottawa East
- Ottawa Events Guide
- Ottawa Concerts Guide
- OttawaEntertainment.ca (ottawa entertainment guide)
- OttawaFocus.com (ottawa restaurants, events, entertainment)
- Snap Ottawa Downtown
Local Arts & Entertainment Media
- Byward of Mouth
- Eventful Ottawa
- Festival Goer
- Guerilla Blog (culture/arts)
- Herd Magazine
- the Humm
Covering Ottawa's arts, entertainment and food scene
- Now Open (blog by Denis Armstrong, Ottawa Sun)
- The Big Beat (blog by Peter Simpson, Ottawa Citizen)
- The Ottawa Arts Newsletter
- OttawaStart Blog: Entertainment
Artists / Visual Art
- Please see our Ottawa Art Guide...
Clubs & Pubs & Bars
- Absolute Comedy
- BarBuzz Nightlife
A good listing of entertainment at bars and nightclubs in Ottawa and Gatineau.
- Bourbon Street Music Hall
- D'arcy McGees Irish Pub
- Helsinki Lounge & Disco
- Ottawa Clubs & Pubs
- The Collection & Bar 56
- Urban Well
- Please see our Ottawa Concerts Guide...
- Please see our List of Dance Studios in Ottawa...
Magicians & Hypnotists
- Elliott Smith's Mystical Magic
- Eric Leclerc
- Michael Bourada
- That Man Behind the Curtain (stage hypnotist)
- The Hypnotizers
- Please see our Ottawa Movies Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Music Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Radio Guide...
- For TV listings and more, please see our Ottawa Television Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Theatre Guide...
- For videographers, video production, and more, please see our Ottawa Video Guide...
The latest on Twitter