Ottawa Arts & Entertainment Guide
The old stereotype of Ottawa as a boring city that stays at home after office hours is, well, total crap. Our city has a healthy arts & entertainment community, offering world class music, theatre, dance, visual art, and more.
Do you love jazz and improvised music? Or would you like to expand what you're listening to now to include the variety of great live jazz in Ottawa-Gatineau? Not sure where to start? Extensive event and club listings, interviews, musician links, news, and photos are updated daily by jazz fans with 20+ years experience. If you like live music, whether it's vocal, instrumental, avant-garde, smooth, or standards, check out OttawaJazzScene.ca
- Soul Kisser
Soul Kisser is one of Ottawa's up and coming experimental acts, bringing post rock/shoegazer music to Ottawa's masses, and hopefully beyond, with energy and original songwriting. The result is a medley of effects, rumbling bass/guitar licks, infectious keys and all manner of instrumentation. Soul Kisser songs will capture the imagination and sooth the soul. Featuring Jayson (Bassist/Guitarist/Vocalist) & Adriana (Keyboardist). Otto (Drummer) Roland Juno Di/Line 6 JM4 Looper.
- March 15-16, 2014: The Outdoor & Adventure Travel Show
Get pumped for Spring! Buy gear. Plan your cycling or camping trip. Get splashed at the paddlesports pool! Get fit with Hal Johnson & Joanne McLeod! Meet the star of Angry Planet! Kids get in FREE! They’ll flip out for the BMX Stunt show, zipline, and rockwalls! March 15-16 at the EY Centre. 2-for-1 tickets available online at www.adventureottawa.ca.
- March 23, 2014: The Passage to Easter: A Choral Journey
A unique concert highlighting Russian Orthodox liturgical music journeying from Great Lent to Easter. The stirring a capella program will be performed by the St. Xenia of Petersburg Choir with the Slava Chamber Choir of Sherbrooke. A complimentary reception with choristers to follow. Tickets: $20 online: easterconcertstxenia.eventbrite.ca
- Sunday, March 30, 2014: Coronation St. Gary & Owen: Men at Work Tour
Truly a rare treat for Coronation Street fans, a chance to see and hear from Gary & Owen the new generation of Corrie Stars who are behind some of the latest exciting stories. Join them for a hosted interview & Q&A. Tickets at Shenkman Theatre, 613.580.2700
May 10, 2014: BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition (call for artisans)
MAC FAIR proudly presents "BLOOM: Mother's Day Edition" on Saturday May 10 at Immaculata High School, 140 Main St. Looking for local artisans of QUALITY, DISTINCTIVE, HAND MADE (by you!) items. This is a juried event and we are looking for the cream of the crop! If you are looking for a large, well-organized, well-promoted event at a great location, with a loyal following of customers, check us out! Find everything you need to know, and get to the online application, at MACFAIRCrafts.com. You can also check us out on Facebook. Application deadline is February 1.
- Make your business stand out from the rest for as low as $15/month. Click here to add your Featured Listing...
OttawaStart Entertainment Headlines
- FlyBar Presents: Men of Style feat MORGANTE Menswear
- CERAMIC PAINTING EVENT - Sunday, March 16
- WITNESS THE WONDERS OF THEATRE AT CANADA’S NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE
- FlyBar presents: Le Cirque du Soir
- Jesus of Nazareth: Man or Myth? (April 5)
- Fox on the Fairway
- VINCI School Information Evening- April 5
- More community headlines...
- Click here to add your news...
From the National Arts Centre: Learn about orchestral music, dance, English and French language theatre, and explore engaging archival collections.
- Arts Court
Ottawa's centre for the performing, visual, literary and media arts.
- Council for the Arts in Ottawa
- Couch Assassin
- Arts Ottawa East
- Ottawa Events Guide
- Ottawa Concerts Guide
- OttawaEntertainment.ca (ottawa entertainment guide)
- OttawaFocus.com (ottawa restaurants, events, entertainment)
- Snap Ottawa Downtown
Local Arts & Entertainment Media
- Byward of Mouth
- Eventful Ottawa
- Festival Goer
- Guerilla Blog (culture/arts)
- Herd Magazine
- the Humm
Covering Ottawa's arts, entertainment and food scene
- Now Open (blog by Denis Armstrong, Ottawa Sun)
- The Big Beat (blog by Peter Simpson, Ottawa Citizen)
- The Ottawa Arts Newsletter
- OttawaStart Blog: Entertainment
Artists / Visual Art
- Please see our Ottawa Art Guide...
Clubs & Pubs & Bars
- Absolute Comedy
- BarBuzz Nightlife
A good listing of entertainment at bars and nightclubs in Ottawa and Gatineau.
- Bourbon Street Music Hall
- D'arcy McGees Irish Pub
- Helsinki Lounge & Disco
- Ottawa Clubs & Pubs
- The Collection & Bar 56
- Urban Well
- Please see our Ottawa Concerts Guide...
- Please see our List of Dance Studios in Ottawa...
Magicians & Hypnotists
- Elliott Smith's Mystical Magic
- Eric Leclerc
- Michael Bourada
- That Man Behind the Curtain (stage hypnotist)
- The Hypnotizers
- Please see our Ottawa Movies Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Music Guide...
Psychics & Fortune Tellers
- Please see our Ottawa Radio Guide...
- For TV listings and more, please see our Ottawa Television Guide...
- Please see our Ottawa Theatre Guide...
- For videographers, video production, and more, please see our Ottawa Video Guide...
The latest on Twitter