News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Crystal Journey at Saint Paul University Saturday, October 25th 7:30pm
Crystal Journey Magical Meditation and Improvised Concert
- Upcoming ramp closures and lane reductions on Highways 417 and 174
Starting Friday, August 29, Hwy 417 will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between Nicholas Street and the Hwy 417/174 split from Friday evening at 9 p.m. until Monday morning at 6 a.m.
- Queen Street reduced to two lanes between Bay Street and Lyon Street
Beginning Wednesday, September 3, Queen Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Bay Street and Lyon Street to accommodate utility and hydro relocation work in advance of LRT station construction for the Confederation Line.
- Overnight closure of the King Edward Avenue off-ramp to Union Street
The King Edward Avenue off-ramp to Union Street will be closed on Thursday, September 4, beginning from 6 p.m. until midnight.
- City improves cycling network with the opening of the Laurier Avenue cycle track
The City of Ottawa is improving its cycling network with the opening of the new eastbound Laurier Avenue cycle track on the south side of Laurier Avenue. The track runs between Elgin Street and Queen Elizabeth Driveway.
- Last Chance to Experience Mosaika
Final must-see season of the award-winning sound and light show concludes next week
- Drift: Upcoming Solo exhibition, Larry Deacon
The Studio Café Presents… Drift: An exploration of Land & Water by Larry Deacon September 2014
- House of PainT Festival - Sept 4 to 7, 2014
House of Paint features four main events from Set 4-7, 2014: OG 500 Poetry Slam and Art Expo; Rock Tha House Concert And Popping Battle, House Of Paint Main Event and; Each One Teach One Knowledge Conference.
- Estate Sale - Storage Contents of Canadian Diplomat - August 30 & 31
Estate Sale - Storage Contents of Canadian Diplomat
- The DIVA Foundation Night at the Races
Live Harness Racing ~ Entertainment vouchers ~ Delicious Buffet Dinner ~ Silent Auction
- Highway 174 and Quigley Hill Road lane reduction
Starting Tuesday, September 2, Highway 174 will be reduced to one lane in the vicinity of the Quigley Hill Road intersection, during off-peak periods (9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Last Weekend to Enjoy Alcatel-Lucent Sunday Bikedays and NCC Beaches
The National Capital Commission’s (NCC) summer programming is coming to an end this weekend. Residents and visitors are invited to enjoy Alcatel-Lucent Sunday Bikedays and have a swim at Gatineau Park and Leamy Lake beaches.
- O-Train temporarily replaced by Route 107 over Labour Day weekend
O-Train service will be replaced by bus Route 107 on Saturday, August 30, Sunday, August 31, and Monday, September 1, in order to complete signal work necessary for the O-Train Expansion Project.
- School Starts Tuesday, September 2, 2014
It’s back to school time for over 72,000 OCDSB students. School starts Tuesday, September 2, 2014. Joining students in welcoming the new school year are close to 8,300 OCDSB employees.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
2013 Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival, by Christophe Ledent from the OttawaStart Flickr Group
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at email@example.com or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter