News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- St Barnabas Christmas Bazaar: Saturday 29 November
All are invited to the St Barnabas Christmas Bazaar on Saturday 29 November from 10am-2pm: 70 James Street, Ottawa.
- Evensong: Sunday 17 November
All welcome! Evensong at St Barnabas Anglican Church, 70 James, Ottawa, on Sunday 17 November at 7.00pm. Sung by the award-winning Choir of St Barnabas, directed by Wesley R Warren.
- Upcoming ramp closures and lane reductions on Highways 417 and 174
Residents are advised of the following lane reductions and ramp closures on Highway 417 and Highway 174:
- Partial Lane Closures of Section of Gatineau Parkway November 3-7
From Monday, November 3, to Friday, November 7, motorists can expect partial lane closures in the southbound lane of the Gatineau Parkway, between 9 am and 3 pm
- Mandatory carbon monoxide alarms protect everyone
The City of Ottawa wants to remind all residents that, just like smoke alarms, working carbon monoxide (CO) alarms are now mandatory for all homes in Ontario.
- City is recruiting residents to serve on committees and boards
Residents of Ottawa who are 18 years and over are invited to put their expertise and knowledge to work by becoming a volunteer member on one of the City’s committees or boards.
- Traffic Advisory: Partial Closures of Section of Saint-Raymond Boulevard Monday, November 3rd
A 30-metre section of the Saint-Raymond Boulevard northbound lane, close to the old emergency lane (Gamelin), will be partially closed on Monday, November 3rd, between 9 am and 3 pm
- See the 2015 undercurrents program
Ottawa's festival of contemporary performance–showing the best in independent creation by artists active across the country and under your nose.
- Hatha Yoga for Parents & Caregivers of children with special needs November 6 2014
Join parents and caregivers of children with special needs for one hour of gentle and restorative yoga.
- Halloween Party at Shenkman Arts Centre
Come in costume and play with OYP Theatre School and Ottawa School of Art at our annual Halloween Party Saturday November 1, 2014 from 12-3 in the upper lobby of the Shenkman Arts Centre.
- Nov 15: Christmas Fair, Bells Corners United Church
Christmas Fair, Saturday November 15, 9:00 am � 1:30 pm, Bells Corners United Church, 3955 Old Richmond Rd. Crafts, baking , books, deli, ladies boutique, silent auction, lunch, children�s toys & treasures, new to you, etc. All welcome. Information:
- Anchorman Movember Party- November 19
Mo Bros and Mo Sistas are invited to come together to re-live the hilariously funny and hugely successful �Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy�, showcase their hairy achievements, celebrate the power of the Mo, and raise money for men�s health issues.
- The 32nd Annual Signatures Show-November 11-16
The 32nd Annual Signatures Show comes to the Ottawa Convention Centre, November 11 - 16, 2014. The Signatures Show is a juried artisan show featuring a collection of over 175 of Canada�s ﬁnest artists, artisans and designers.
- 2014 municipal election results declared official
The City of Ottawa’s City Clerk and Solicitor has officially declared the 2014 municipal election results official.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
Reflections. Photo by Derek Mellon from the OttawaStart Flickr Group.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at email@example.com or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter