News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Cinderella - Nov 28, 29, 30, Dec 5, 6
The Mississippi Mudds will perform Cinderella Nov. 28 & 29 at 7:30pm, Nov. 30 at 2pm, Dec. 5 at 7:30pm & Dec. 6 at 2pm & 7:30pm at the Carleton Place Town Hall. Tickets at Reads Book Shop, 135 Bridge St., Carleton Place, 613-257-7323. mississippimudds.ca
- Municipal candidates' views on architecture and urban design
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) polled Ottawa municipal candidates on issues related to architecture and urban design.
- Career Forum for Grade 8 Students (Formally World of Work)
Finding Your Pathway 2014 Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9 a.m. – 2: 30 p.m. Ernst & Young Centre Career Forum for Grade 8 Students (Formally World of Work)
- Sections of Colonel By Drive and Queen Elizabeth Driveway Temporarily Closed This Weekend
Sections of Colonel By Drive and the Queen Elizabeth Driveway will be temporarily closed to motor vehicle traffic on Saturday, October 25 and Sunday, October 26, 2014.
- Book of Remembrance to honour Corporal Nathan Cirillo
A Book of Remembrance is available for residents who wish to pay tribute to Corporal Nathan Cirillo, of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada (Princess Louise's), who gave his life yesterday in service to Canada.
- CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE UPCOMING EVENTS
Canadian Tire Centre (@CdnTireCtr), Ottawa’s premier sports and entertainment venue, is presenting the following events between Oct. 23, 2014, and April 12, 2015.
- NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE SHOWS TO PROCEED – MOST ENTRANCES ACCESSIBLE
Audience members encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays caused by downtown road closures
- Restricted traffic access in the downtown core
The following closures are in effect in the vicinity of the War Monument: Wellington Street is closed from O’Connor Street to Mackenzie Avenue; and, Elgin Street is closed between Queen Street and Wellington Street.
- Free Film Screenings at the 32nd Festival Japan
The Canadian Film Institute is once again honoured to present free screenings of some of the best films of contemporary Japanese cinema. Presented in collaboration with the Embassy of Japan and The Japan Foundation.
- Food and Restaurant Critic Nov 4
On Being a Restaurant Critic
- Taste of Russia 2014!
Russian Festival in Ottawa! Fun for the whole family!
- Wickedly Westboro Scavenger Hunt and Pumpkin Stroll
The Wickedly Westboro Scavenger Hunt is this Saturday, October 25th! Don't miss it. And our Pumpkin Stroll runs from October 25 to 31st!
- Hintonburg Happening Indiegogo Campaign Launch Party
Hintonburg Happening Indiegogo Campaign Launch Party. NOVEMBER 1ST 2014 AT THE STUDIO CAFE 1089 SOMERSET STREET WEST FOR AN EVENING OF BEAU'S BREWS & ONLINE SHOPPING JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON.
- Canadian Muslims stand united with fellow citizens in condemning Ottawa attacks
The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM), a prominent Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization, stands united with Canadians in categorically condemning today's shooting attacks at Ottawa's War Memorial and on Parliament Hill...
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
Reflections. Photo by Derek Mellon from the OttawaStart Flickr Group.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter