News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Canadian War Museum’s Operation Veteran receives $35K donation from Montréal-area schools
The Canadian War Museum’s popular Operation Veteran program, which builds bridges between Canadian veterans and younger generations, received a big boost today from four Montréal-area secondary schools.
- Ottawa International BuskerFest - July 31-August 4, 2014
The Ottawa International Buskerfest returns to Sparks Street with a lineup of award winning street performers Thursday, July 31st to Monday, August 4th.
- Final Lounge Night at Maxwell’s Bistro featuring Johnny Vegas & His All-Star Band - Wednesday July 30th, 2014
Our final show, which will be our 934th performance at Maxwell’s, will start this Wednesday at 9:20pm.
- Intermittent Lane Reductions on Colonel By Drive and the Queen Elizabeth Driveway
Temporary closure of sections of the Rideau Canal Eastern and Western pathways
- City seeking public input on a commemorative naming proposal
The City of Ottawa’s Commemorative Naming Committee is conducting public consultations on a proposal to name the new Strandherd-Armstrong bridge “Vimy Bridge”.
- Suspect from a Break and Enter at Rideau Centre to identify
The Ottawa Police Service Break and Enter Unit is seeking public assistance to identify a male suspect following a Break and Enter at 50 Rideau Street.
- Trying to identify one suspect in three Robberies
The Ottawa Police Service Robbery Unit is seeking public's assistance to identify the suspect of three retail robberies.
- Southbound lane reductions on St. Laurent begin today
Beginning on Tuesday, July 29 southbound traffic along St. Laurent Boulevard will be reduced to one lane between Cyrville Road and Coventry Road.
- A Hard day's Night, 50 Years Later - August 23, 2014
Jonesey and the GreyTones' tribute to the Beatles' A Hard Day's Night, the album and the movie which were both released in the summer of 1964.
- Blyth Academy Information Evening
Tour the campus and learn about our unique private school programming.
- Canada’s Capital Marks 75 Years of Remembrance Eye-catching exhibit shares the story of the National War Memorial
Canadian Heritage has unveiled the 2014 Plaza Bridge Photo Exhibit. This year’s exhibit commemorates the 75th Anniversary of The Response, the National War Memorial.
- Get the dirt on archaeology from the experts at the Canadian Museum of History
On Monday, August 4, in conjunction with Archaeology Month, spend the afternoon with experts from the Canadian Museum of History who will share their recent findings and demonstrate the new technologies used to dig up the secrets of the past
- This Week's Festivals and Events
This Week's Festivals and Events: Muslim Summer Festival (Aug 2) Colonel By Night (Aug 3) Colonel By Day (Aug 4) Ottawa International Buskerfest (Jul 31-Aug 4) Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival (Until Aug 7) Torchlight Shakespeare Festival: A
- New MarketMobile bus brings affordable produce to Ottawa neighbourhoods
Residents in four Ottawa communities will now have improved access to healthy foods thanks to an innovative new mobile produce bus project.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
"Chateau Laurier Study C" Photo by Helene Lacelle.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at email@example.com or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter