News and notes from the editors of OttawaStart
Related: Check out our big list of Ottawa Blogs...
Free community news & event listings.
Add your community news.
- Huge Jewelry & Handbag Sale December 7th at GRC
Huge second hand jewelry and handbag sale December 7th at the Goulbourn Recreation Complex. Over 10,000 pieces of jewelry and 500 handbags to choose from. All proceeds will help fund a breakfast program in Nunavut.
- Minister Shelly Glover to Launch Hundreds of Thousands of Christmas Lights in Canada’s Capital Region
The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, in collaboration with Manulife Financial, is pleased to invite members of the public to the launch of the 29th edition of the Christmas Lights Across Canada program.
- Clive Doucet Speaks on his Commitment to Sustainability.
Writer, novelist, urban anthropologist, philosopher, and former city councillor, Clive Doucet, will speak at the Unitarian Fellowship of Ottawa, 400 McArthur Ave, at 10:30 am on Sunday, December 15.
- Updated Concerts & Events Listings at Zaphod Beeblebrox
CONCERT LISTINGS Heard Before The Herd ZAPHOD BEEBLEBROX The Nightclub at the Edge of the Universe Music + Booze Boutique 27 York Street, Ottawa, Canada. K1N 5S7
- City of Ottawa employees and volunteers recognized for award-winning emergency preparedness program and act of bravery
Employees and volunteers with the City of Ottawa were lauded for an international award they received in recognition of the emergency preparedness program, Are You Ready?
- Two great opportunities to give generously and get in the spirit this holiday season!
On Friday, December 6, CBC Radio One’s Ottawa Morning will broadcast live on-location from Greenboro Park and Ride on-board an OC Transpo double decker bus.
- It's back...The Museum’s Christmas Market
The Canadian Museum of Civilization's Christmas Market is back!
- The Sound of Music is a Record Breaker! Now Sold the Most Tickets in National Arts Centre English Theatre History! A SPECIAL BENEFIT MATINEE HAS BEEN ADDED!
Still Climbing Every Mountain The Sound of Music Has Now Sold the Most Tickets in NAC English Theatre History A SPECIAL BENEFIT MATINEE HAS BEEN ADDED!
- City employees recognized for bravery in response to Lees Avenue townhouse fire
Several City of Ottawa employees were honoured today for their heroic response to a fire that occurred on September 27 at a townhouse on Lees Avenue.
- Senators to make major upgrade to Canadian Tire Centre
In conjunction with Cisco Canada and Canadian Tire, the Ottawa Senators (@Senators) will host a news conference on Friday, Dec. 6, to officially unveil Canadian Tire Centre Vision
- Three ways to buy your tickets for Kathleen Battle!
1) Visit our web site and buy tickets online: click here 2) Phone our office at (613) 241-0777, ext "0" If you get an answering machine, just leave a message and we will call you back.
- Missing Person
The Ottawa Police Service is requesting the assistance to locate Hélène Merritt, 55 years-old, of Ottawa, who was last seen in the afternoon of November 30, 2013 at her residence.
- Holiday Hours at Ottawa Police Stations
The Ottawa Police Service would like to announce a change of service hours over the holidays – from December 24, 2013 to January 1, 2014 – for Front Desk Services at the following police stations:
- How to protect yourself and others against cold winter weather
Ottawa Public Health (OPH) and Ottawa Paramedics are reminding residents to take precautions against the cold this winter.
- Read all the recent headlines...
A comic by Ottawa artist Andrew King. Watch for a new one every Monday morning. Previously...
Gift idea: Original framed Mr. Loaf comics are available at Andrew King's Pop Up Gallery (Richmond @ Churchill) until December 22, with all proceeds going to the Food Bank.
Tweets from @ottawastart/best-of-ottawa
Fruit. Photo by David Johnson.
We want your photos! If you have a great pic of life in Ottawa, send it to us at email@example.com or add it to the OttawaStart Flickr Group. Your photo could be featured on our homepage!
Follow us on Twitter: @ottawastart
The latest on Twitter